Makeup Banner

Friday, August 16, 2013

Mac Brush Cleanser: the lazy way to clean your brushes!

Hello beauties! When I first started this post I was going to "label" it as a product rave, but as I was putting it together I realized the way I clean my makeup brushes really could be classified as the "lazy girls approach". Don't worry it still cleans, sanitizes & conditions your brushes ...just quickly & as painlessly as possible!

What I use:
Mac Brush Cleanser it's 15 dollars, 7.9 fl oz and it'll last you forever I've had mine for almost a year and I'm not even half way through with it [note: I use baby shampoo to deep clean my brushes, though].

 I find the Mac cleanser is gentle and user friendly, and most importantly it spot cleans brushes, amazingly.
Of course, some of you reading this are no newbie to spot cleaning brushes, but others may only deep clean their brushes, which everyone knows is time consuming & annoying. So ladies I'm going to show you how I spot clean my brushes and how simple & easy it really is!

What you need:
1. Your Mac brush cleanser
2. A small spray bottle {look at the dollar store or travel size section}
3. Paper towels or old towel {one you don't care about being stained}


Put some of  the cleanser into the bottle, whatever amount you'd like. Spray your paper towel (or towel) with the cleanser!


Take the dirty culprit, in this case I'm cleaning my blush stained mini stippling brush from elf (which is what use to apply cream blush!) and start swirling the brush in circular motions into the cleanser/paper towel.

Swirl your brush in circular motions!
Keep swirling! Don't be afraid to spray a little more cleanser on the towel if it doesn't seem damp enough {or if the brush doesn't seem to be getting clean}



And voila! Clean, pretty disinfected stippling brush! It seriously takes like 30 seconds to clean each brush! There is NO rinsing involved, which is great because you can save water :)

I do recommend that you deep clean your brushes when you can. I only do mine probably once a month and I know that's probably frown upon but I'm sorry it's the truth, haha.

So there you have it... the lazy, easy way to clean & serializing your makeup brushes! Thanks so much for reading, remember to subscribe {follow me on bloglovin' if you haven't} comment and share! Until next time beauties!

xo Leah
Follow me on:  Google Friend Connect     |     Instagram     |       Bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. Great post! This was really informative and I will definitely try it because I get sooo lazy to wash them and months go by... I really like your blog, I'm following you now on gfc and bloglovin. Check out my blog and if you like it you can follow me too. Lets keep in touch :)

    xoxo

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're so sweet thanks so much for checking out my blog! Yes, spot cleaning your brushes is a total life saver! Thanks so much for adding me I will definitely add you back on both sites! <3

      Delete